The COBIS Art Competition is a celebration of creativity across our member schools.
Sponsored by EquipMySchool:
Students were invited to create a piece of art to reflect this year's competition theme, 'Today's actions shape tomorrow's world'. We received nearly 600 entries from 110 COBIS schools. Well done to all students who entered; our judges were extremely impressed by the standard of artwork.
This year's competition winners and runners-up are listed below. Please click on the image to view the artwork in more detail.
Winner: Ailin Utemuratova (Haileybury Almaty, Kazakhstan)
Runner-up: Nimi Popoola (St. Saviour's School Ikoyi, Nigeria)
Winner: Sua Lee (The British College of Brazil)
Runner-up: Phoenix Wang (Wycombe Abbey International School, China)
Winner: Latifa Ibragimova (Haileybury Almaty, Kazakhstan)
Runner-up: Sofieya Zara Taufiq (The British International School of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
Winner: Kang Eunbi (Kolej Tuanku Ja'afar, Malaysia)
Runner-up: Spozhmai Bilal (British International School and Montessori Education, Sierra Leone)
Winner: Oluwaseyi Osinubi, Gwendolyn Gbadamosi, Valerie Chiege and Oluwatomi Fabamigbe (Day Waterman College, Nigeria)
Runner-up: Akuesodo Iruoma and Obianuju Chinawa (Adorable British College, Nigeria)
We would like to thank this year's competition judges. Your help is invaluable and we truly appreciate the time and effort you put into judging the artwork.
All participants will receive a participation certificate. The following prizes are awarded to the winner and runner-up of each category:
- Winner: £50 Amazon voucher
- Runner up: £25 Amazon voucher
2019 Winning Entries
- 2019 COBIS Art Competition Winners
- 2018 COBIS Art Competition Winners
- 2017 COBIS Art Competition Winners
- 2016 COBIS Art Competition Winners
- 2015 COBIS Art Competition Winners
Terms and Conditions
1. To enter the COBIS Art Competition your school must be a registered COBIS school.
2. The COBIS Art Competition will run from 15 October 2019 until 28 February 2020. Last entries must be received by 3pm UK time on 28 February 2020.
3. Entries must be submitted by the teacher on behalf of the student.
4. There are five categories for submitted entries, as listed below. Please ensure entries are submitted for the correct category. Entries will not be accepted from students outside of these categories or for work submitted to the wrong category.
Category A: Early Years and Foundation Stage
Category B: Key Stage 1
Category C: Key Stage 2
Category D: Key Stage 3
Category E: Group Entries
5. Three entries per category per school may be submitted. COBIS will accept the first three entries from a school in each category, and reserves the right to exclude subsequent submissions from the judging process.
6. The theme of the COBIS Art Competition is ‘Today’s actions shape tomorrow’s world’. COBIS reserves the right to exclude any entries which do not adhere to this theme.
7. Entries must be the students own work.
8. The student and school name should not appear on the image of the artwork submitted.
9. Any foul play, cheating, plagiarism or attempted manipulation of the results will result in a permanent exclusion of the offending school from the COBIS Art Competition. The judgement of COBIS on this point will be final.
10. Entries should be uploaded to the COBIS website (www.cobis.org.uk/art). Before uploading entries, please ensure files are named using this format: Student Name_School Name.
11. The judges' decision regarding the winners of the COBIS Art Competition will be final.
12. The winning schools will be announced in April 2020. The winners will be notified by email.
13. The full name, school name and art work of winners will be published on the COBIS website and social media. This information may also be published and promoted at the COBIS Annual Conference in May 2020 and in other COBIS-related publications. By entering the competition, the teacher confirms that the necessary permissions have been sought from students and/or their parents.
14. Competition entries will be licensed to COBIS on a non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, transferable, worldwide basis for a number of purposes, including case studies, publications, exhibitions, competitions, website content, social media and other promotional purposes. By entering the competition, the teacher confirms that the necessary permissions have been sought from students and/or their parents for COBIS and other associated parties to publish the student name, art work, school name and logo for such purposes.
COBIS would like to thank EquipMySchool for sponsoring the COBIS Art Competition 2020.
EquipMySchool are experts in procurement and consolidation. They provide a tailored service to international schools around the globe built upon competitive pricing, unparalleled client care and decades of logistical experience.
Their E-Procurement Portal, app.equipmyschool.com/shop, has a database of over 17 million products, across all school departments, from UK and US based vendors. Orders can be submitted via the ePP itself, by email or over the telephone.
They consolidate while you educate.