The Student Achievement Awards give COBIS schools the opportunity to recognise their students’ outstanding achievements. Each school could nominate up to three students to receive one of these admirable awards.
The 2020 Awards
Congratulations to all students who received a Student Achievement Award in 2020.
This year, more than 180 students from nearly 70 COBIS schools were given this accolade.
The list in the link below shows all the students who received a Student Achievement Award with confirmed consent for publication.
Reasons for nomination
The award recognises outstanding individual achievements or contributions to an aspect of school or community life. Students in KS2-5 could be nominated for a number of reasons, including:
- Exceptional academic achievement
- Outstanding effort
- Commitment to a charitable cause/environmental sustainability
- Significant contribution to the wider life of the school
- A remarkable demonstration of compassion or kindness
Schools could also choose to nominate a student for another reason, in the context of local circumstances, not described above.
What did the nominated students receive?
This year, students received a digital certificate in recognition of their achievements. In keeping with our focus on sustainability, rather than producing awards for students, we made a charitable donation to Cool Earth on behalf of the nominated students. Cool Earth is a charity that works with local people to halt deforestation and climate change.
- 2019 Student Achievement Awards
- 2018 Student Achievement Awards
- 2017 Student Achievement Awards
- 2016 Student Achievement Awards
- 2015 Student Achievement Awards
- 2014 Student Achievement Awards
- 2013 Student Achievement Awards
Terms and conditions
- Only COBIS Member Schools can nominate students for a Student Achievement Award.
- Each year COBIS Member Schools may nominate up to three students to receive a Student Achievement Award.
- Nominations must be submitted online via the website form by a member of staff.
- Nominations must be received before the deadline of 3pm (GMT) on Wednesday 1 April 2020 to be accepted.
- All nominations must include a reason for the nomination.
- Nominated students must be in Key Stage 2, 3, 4 or 5.
COBIS would like to thank CPOMS for sponsoring the Student Achievement Awards in 2020.
CPOMS is a system for monitoring child protection, safeguarding, SEND and a range of pastoral and welfare issues. Staff are given appropriate levels of access to match their level of involvement with the relevant concerns. Using CPOMS, schools can ensure that students are safe and fully supported, whilst safeguarding leads and school staff can focus on teaching and providing support, instead of administration.