The COBIS Primary and Secondary Games are held in alternate years. 2020 will see the COBIS Secondary Games 2020 hosted by The British School of Brussels, Belgium between 26-30 March 2020. The COBIS Secondary Games is an exciting opportunity for students from across the world to compete in a variety of sporting disciplines, whilst also allowing them to make new friends and widen their cultural experiences. The COBIS Games are open to all COBIS Member Schools.
Register your school here
Registration will close at midday (GMT) on 20 September 2019.
Over three days, 16 students from each school (eight girls and eight boys) will take part in swimming, athletics and football in a bid to accrue the most points and take home the Championship trophy.
Schools may bring students who are in Years 7 and 8 who were born between 1 September 2006 and 31 August 2008. Students outside of this age-group will not be allowed to participate. Each student will take part in all three of the sports - football, athletics and swimming.
Registration for the COBIS Games will be open between 9 September - 20 September 2019.
There are 20 school team places available at the Games 2020. Some places are pre-allocated to following schools:
- The host school of the COBIS Secondary Games 2020
- The hosts of the previous three school based Secondary Games
- The winners of the COBIS Secondary Games 2018
If more schools register than places available, schools will be entered into a lottery draw for the remaining places. Schools that are not allocated a place at the COBIS Games through pre-allocated places or the lottery draw will be placed on a waiting list
The maximum fee for entering the Games will be £4,540 per team (16 students and three staff members). The final Games balance may be subject to reduction based on cost savings the host school is able to secure.
The team fee includes:
- In-country transport (between the airport, accommodation, school and sports venues)
- Food on competition days
- Evening entertainment and dinner on 28 March and Gala Dinner on 29 March
- Opening and Closing Ceremonies
- Tour of Leuven on 27 March 2020
- Hire of sport and event facilities
- Sports management and officials
- Official programmes/marketing materials
- Essential costs required to support the COBIS Games and associated activities
This cost excludes accommodation, travel to the host country and additional staff members.
Accommodation options are available to download here. Participating schools should not book accommodation until the delivery of the Games has been formally confirmed.
Once the Games have been formally confirmed, the host school will ask teams to complete an accommodation booking form. The British School of Brussels will reserve rooms on behalf of visiting schools, each school will then be asked to liaise directly with the hotel regarding payment.
Download the COBIS Games Handbook for full information about the Games.
Terms and Conditions
Full terms and conditions can be found at cobis.org.uk/gamesrules
We would like to thank COBIS Supporting Member, Anderson Education, for sponsoring the COBIS Secondary Games 2020.
"Anderson Education, the UK boarding school specialists, offer free impartial advice and guidance on UK boarding schools, summer and language programmes.
We have visited over 350 boarding schools and are able to recommend schools to meet the individual needs of each child and help the family through the process.
A British boarding education is a popular option to ensure stability of education, a stepping stone to university or support for children with special educational needs."
- 2019 COBIS Games - Primary
- 2018 COBIS Games - Secondary
- 2017 COBIS Games - Primary
- 2017 COBIS Games - Secondary
- 2016 COBIS Games - Primary
- 2016 COBIS Games - Secondary
- 2015 COBIS Games - Primary and Secondary
- The 2015 Primary Invitation Cup - Hosted by a COBIS Member School
- The Prague Invitational Cup - Hosted by a COBIS Member School
- 2014 COBIS Games - Primary
- 2014 COBIS Games - Secondary
- 2013 COBIS Games
- 2012 COBIS Games