The COBIS Student Achievement Awards give COBIS Schools the opportunity to recognise students’ outstanding achievements on a global scale. Each year COBIS Schools may nominate up to three students to receive an award.
Nominations will open on 2 September 2019
Who can be nominated?
A Student Achievement Award may be presented to any student from a COBIS Member School in Key Stage 2, 3, 4 or 5.
Last year, 209 students from 83 COBIS Schools across the world were presented with a Student Achievement Award.
What achievements does the award recognise?
The award recognises outstanding individual achievements or contributions to an aspect of school or community life. Students can be nominated for the award for a number of reasons, including:
- Exceptional academic achievement.
- Outstanding effort.
- Commitment to a charitable cause/environmental sustainability.
- Significant contribution to the wider life of the school.
- A remarkable demonstration of compassion or kindness.
Schools may also wish to nominate a student for another reason, in the context of local circumstances, not described above.
How can schools nominate students?
Nominations will open on 2 September 2019 via this webpage.
Nominations must be submitted by a member of staff from the student's school.
The nomination will include a citation of no more than 100 words, detailing the reasons for the nomination.
All nominations for Student Achievement Awards must be submitted before the deadline of 3pm (GMT) on Wednesday 1 April 2020.
How do students receive their award?
A staff member from your school should collect the awards from a COBIS member of staff at our Annual Conference, in May 2020. If no one from your school is due to attend, an electronic copy of the certificate will be sent to the staff member that submitted the nomination in May 2020.
A list of award winners will be published on the COBIS website in April 2020.
- 2019 Student Achievement Awards
- 2018 Student Achievement Awards
- 2017 Student Achievement Awards
- 2016 Student Achievement Awards
- 2015 Student Achievement Awards
- 2014 Student Achievement Awards
- 2013 Student Achievement Awards
Terms and conditions
- Only COBIS Member Schools can nominate students for a Student Achievement Award.
- Each year COBIS Member Schools may nominate up to three students to receive a Student Achievement Award.
- Nominations must be submitted online via the website form by a member of staff.
- Nominations must be received before the deadline of 3pm (GMT) on Wednesday 1 April 2020 to be accepted.
- All nominations must include a reason for the nomination.
- Nominated students must be in Key Stage 2, 3, 4 or 5.
COBIS would like to thank CPOMS for sponsoring the Student Achievement Awards in 2020.
CPOMS is a system for monitoring child protection, safeguarding, SEND and a range of pastoral and welfare issues. Staff are given appropriate levels of access to match their level of involvement with the relevant concerns. Using CPOMS, schools can ensure that students are safe and fully supported, whilst safeguarding leads and school staff can focus on teaching and providing support, instead of administration