2019 Student Achievement Awards
The COBIS Student Achievement Awards give COBIS schools the opportunity to recognise students’ outstanding achievements on a global scale. Each year COBIS schools may nominate up to three students to receive an award.
Who can be nominated?
A Student Achievement Award may be presented to any student from a COBIS member school in Key Stage 2, 3, 4 or 5.
Last year, 142 students from COBIS schools across the world were presented with a Student Achievement Award.
What achievements does the award recognise?
The award recognises outstanding individual achievements or contributions to an aspect of school or community life. Students can be nominated for the award for a number of reasons, including:
- Outstanding academic achievement.
- Sustained, high level contributions to the wider life of the school.
- Significant contributions to the school’s charity fundraising activities.
- A single act of bravery (e.g. assisting in an emergency medical situation, rescue of another student in danger during an expedition, etc.).
- Another reason, at the discretion of the Head of the school in the context of local circumstances or events.
How can schools nominate students?
Nominations are now open. Nominations must be submitted by a member of staff from the student's school via the online nomination form. This nomination will include a citation of no more than 100 words, detailing the reasons for the nomination.
All nominations for Student Achievement Awards must be submitted before the deadline of midday (GMT) on Wednesday 10 April 2019.
How do students receive their award?
A staff member from your school should collect the awards from a COBIS member of staff at our Annual Conference, 11-13 May 2019. If no one from your school is due to attend, an electronic copy of the certificate will be sent to the staff member that submitted the nomination in May 2019.
- 2018 Student Achievement Awards
- 2017 Student Achievement Awards
- 2016 Student Achievement Awards
- 2015 Student Achievement Awards
- 2014 Student Achievement Awards
- 2013 Student Achievement Award
Terms and conditions
- Only COBIS member schools can nominate students for a Student Achievement Award.
- Each year COBIS schools may nominate up to three students to receive a Student Achievement Award.
- Nominations must be submitted online via the website form by a member of staff.
- Any nominations received after the deadline of 12pm (GMT) on Wednesday 10 April 2019 will not be accepted.
- All nominations must include a reason for the nomination.
- Nominated students must be in Key Stage 2, 3, 4 or 5.
COBIS would like to thank CPOMS for sponsoring the Student Achievement Awards in 2019.
CPOMS is a system for monitoring child protection, safeguarding, SEND and a range of pastoral and welfare issues. Staff are given appropriate levels of access to match their level of involvement with the relevant concerns. Using CPOMS, schools can ensure that students are safe and fully supported, whilst safeguarding leads and school staff can focus on teaching and providing support, instead of administration.