The COBIS Innovation in Education Conference was hosted by Dubai College on 26 April 2019, followed by a ResearchED event on 27 April 2019. High-quality speakers addressed the ways that educators can critically explore a range of educational innovations. Speakers included leading experts and practitioners from the educational field. The programme comprised a broad range of thought-provoking sessions including:
- What if Everything You Knew About Education Was Wrong?
- Creating Actionable Approaches To School Data
- Leading Positive Education
- The Future of Learning, Young People and Technology
- Death to CPD - A Revolution in Teacher Development
- Dual Coding
- What is Innovation in Education?
- Making Kids Cleverer
- If Teaching is One of the Best Jobs in the World, Why Are so Many Teachers Thinking About Leaving?
- David Didau - Former English Teacher, Director of Learning Spy, Popular Blogger
- Prof Rebecca Allen - Director of the Centre for Education Improvement Science (CEIS) at IOE
- Tom Bennett - Founder of ResearchED
- Robin Macpherson - Assistant Rector at Dollar Academy, Former Head of Professional Learning at Wellington College
- Prof Rose Luckin - Professor of Learner Centred Design at UCL Knowledge Lab
- Oliver Caviglioli - Former Principal of a Special School, Co-authored books on Visual Teaching Strategies
- David Bott - Head of Positive Education at Geelong Grammar School
To view the full conference programme, please click here.
COBIS would like to thank the delegates, speakers and exhibitors who participated in the conference, and Dubai College for organising a fantastic event.