The COBIS Pastoral Care Conference, hosted by British School of Bucharest, attracted more than 40 colleagues from schools in 21 different countries including Switzerland, Qatar, Israel, Uganda and Spain.
The theme for the two-day conference was 'Wellbeing in the Digital Age'. Delegates explored the challenges that young people are likely to face in an increasingly digital world, including the relentless 24/7 nature of social media, the accessibility of extreme material and the prevalence of technology. During the conference, high-quality speakers delivered sessions that developed the delegates' ability to promote mental health and emotional wellbeing in their schools. Delegates enjoyed the opportunity to network and share best practice during the conference dinner, which was held at a traditional Romanian restaurant.
- Grace Barrett – Co-founder of The Self-Esteem Team
- Nina Jackson – Mental Health and Wellbeing Expert
- Robin Watts – Former Metropolitan Police Detective and Trainer specialising in the Child Abuse field
- Dr Pooky Knightsmith – Child and Adolescent Mental Health Expert
- Jonathan Taylor – Online Safety and Social Media Consultant
- Michelle Tyrell – International Liaison Officer at the National Crime Agency
- Jason Porter – Head of Secondary at the British School of Bucharest
COBIS would like to thank colleagues at British School of Bucharest for delivering a fantastic conference for the COBIS community.
To view a full copy of the conference programme, please click here.