The International Task Force on Child Protection (ITFCP) was formed in April 2014 to help international school communities address child protection challenges. Now a coalition of 90+ volunteers, the task force includes leaders of international education organisations, school leaders, counsellors and teachers, working collaboratively across professions with law enforcement officials and the medical community.
Founding Members of the International Task Force on Child Protection
- Colin Bell, CEO, Council of British International Schools
- Jane Larsson, Executive Director, Council of International Schools (Chair)
- Deborah Welch, Executive Director, Academy of International School Heads
- Christine Brown, Regional Education Officer for Europe, U.S. Department of State, Office of Overseas Schools
- Yolanda Murphy-Barrena, Executive Director, Association for the Advancement of International Education
- Paul DeMinico, Vice-President, International Schools Services
- Kevin Ruth, Executive Director, ECIS
Review the Education Portal
International Task Force on Child Protection and the International Centre for Missing & Exploited Children have joined forces to provide resources on how to prevent and respond to child abuse, neglect and sexual exploitation wherever you are in the world. The Education Portal hosts a wealth of information for adults working with children and youth, as well as for parents, teens and children.
Outcomes and Recommendations
Click here to download the June 2016 Report from the International Task Force on Child Protection. ITFCP have also produced a checklist of core and recommended recruiting practices for international schools, following a year-long pilot with 75 international schools. To download a copy, please click here.
Find out more
For more information on the International Task Force on Child Protection, contact COBIS CEO Colin Bell