COBIS schools received honours at the 2021 International School Awards hosted by ISC Research.
The annual event, held online this year, recognised the initiatives taken by schools in response to the COVID-19 pandemic over the past 12 months.
Congratulations to our winning schools:
- Alice Smith School, Malaysia won the Inclusion Initiative award for a peer support programme involving older students.
- Deira International School, UAE won the Digital Technology award for an effective artificial intelligence and analytics programme to actively support teaching and learning.
- Nord Anglia International School Hong Kong won the Strategic Leadership award for new pedagogies to support virtual learning, with effective outreach and sustainability.
- The English School Kuwait won the Safeguarding Initiative award for a progressive child protection programme which involves engagement of parents and the wider community.
Our schools are delighted to be recognised for their work over the last year:
“This exemplifies how well we work as a learning community, from the Sixth Form students volunteering their support, to the teachers utilising them in their lessons, to the younger students ultimately valuing this input. It is a testament to how supportive our school is across all areas.”
– Roger Schultz, Head of School, The Alice Smith School
"I am thrilled with this recognition by such a prestigious organization. The use of digital technology is at the forefront of education development and this highlights that Deira International School is leading the way and helping to construct the future for all our students."
- Simon O’Connor, Director of Deira International School.
"We are absolutely delighted to receive this prestigious international award and to be recognised for our commitment to safeguarding. Safeguarding awareness, training and education is something we place at the centre of our school vision and the collective effort to always put the children and our school community first, has shone through to the international judges."
- Alison Peterson, Headteacher, The English School, Kuwait