Initial Teacher Training Opportunities in International Schools
COBIS is encouraging high-quality British International Schools to support the development and supply of teachers by engaging with Initial Teacher Training (ITT) routes in an international context. As part of the recent COBIS Teacher Supply Research, responding schools indicated that ITT programmes for local staff and flexible conversion routes to QTS/PGCE would play a key role in boosting teacher supply and retention. COBIS proposed three recommendations as part of that research to support Teacher Supply, both domestically and internationally, one of which was to increase international training opportunities including recruitment overseas into ITT.
In response, COBIS is now signposting high-quality Initial Teacher Training (ITT) opportunities to international schools, with preferential rates for COBIS Members.
When registering, please indicate that your school is a COBIS Member to access preferential rates.
- Tes Institute’s Straight to Teaching, Assessment Only QTS and iPGCE in association with COBIS
- University of Buckingham's Preliminary PGCE, International PGCE, Assessment Only QTS and MA in Education in association with COBIS
- University of Sunderland's PGCE Education IDL, PGCE Early Years Teaching IDL and Assessment Only QTS in association with COBIS
- Educational Success Partners (ESP)'s Assessment Only Route to QTS in association with COBIS
- Tellal Institute's International Postgraduate Certificate and Professional Graduate Certificate in Teaching Practice and Apprenticeship in Teaching Practice Qualification
- Manchester Metropolitan University