COBIS Wellbeing Conference
Dubai College, 14-15 April 2017
Nurturing Every Child
Conference Theme: The importance of wellbeing for children and adolescents throughout their primary and secondary school education is well documented. This conference on wellbeing, with leading expert speakers from this field, focuses on strategies and developments, including mindfulness, that can be used by educators in their aim for happier, more well-adjusted students.
9am-4.30pm both days, plus conference dinner Friday evening
Members: £295 / Non Members: £395 (Includes dinner on Friday night)
One day fee: Members: £150 / Non Members: £200 (Does not include dinner on Friday night)
Principals, Heads of Year, Pastoral Deputies, Teachers and Leaders with an interest in wellbeing and mindfulness, Student Services departments, SENCOs, PSHE Teachers and School Counsellors.
- Professor A.C. Grayling, New College of the Humanities - The Humanities and Human Flourishing
- Mr Ian Morris, Wellington College - Teaching Character and Wellbeing
- Professor Christian van Nieuwerburgh, School of Psychology, University of East London - Positive Education: Integrating Coaching and Positive Psychology
- Mr John de Graaf, Author of Affluenza: The All-Consuming Epidemic - What is affluenza and how does consumerism threaten our health, happiness and environment? Why do Happiness Skills help translate wellbeing into happiness, and how can they be incorporated into our schools and educational systems?
Workshop topics include:
- Using strengths cards with students
- Mindful parenting
- Mindfulness-based stress reduction programme
- What is philosophy?
- Using the happiness survey to teach academic subjects and happiness skills
- Starting to think about character education
- Inserting happiness habits into everyday teaching for Early Years/Primary practitioners
- And more
Click here to view the conference flyer.
There will be a conference dinner in the desert on Friday 14 April 2017 with Full Moon Desert Drumming. This is included in the delegate fee (soft drinks). Additional tickets for guests (including children) are available for a charge.
Radisson Blu Media City hotel.
- Single room: AED 435
- Double room: AED 483
These rates include all taxes, breakfast and internet.
A limited number of exhibitor spaces are available. To book a stand please complete this online form. Sponsorship opportunities are also available. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about the event, delegates may contact: email@example.com. Click here to download the conference flyer.
To reserve your place at the conference please complete the online booking form.