COBIS Conference for Marketing, Development and Admissions Staff
27-28 March 2017 (with optional sightseeing on 26 March 2017)
The British School in Tokyo, Japan
The fourth COBIS Conference for Marketing, Development and Admissions Staff will be hosted by The British School in Tokyo, 27-28 March 2017.
This two-day training and networking event is open to delegates from COBIS Member and non-Member schools and will be of interest to:
- Marketing and Development Staff
- Admissions Staff
- External Relations Staff
- Bursars/Business Managers with responsibility for Marketing, Development or Admissions
- Heads or Deputy Heads with responsibility for Marketing, Development or Admissions
Location: The British School in Tokyo, Showa Women's University 1-7-57 Taishido, Setagaya 154-8533
Dates: 27-28 March 2017 (with optional sightseeing on Sunday 26 March)
The programme will include a mixture of plenary sessions, break-out workshops, and delegate presentations, as well as opportunities for networking and sharing best practice. Conference sessions will include:
- School Marketing Messages
- The Role of the Head in Marketing, Development and Admissions
- Future School Transformations
- Telling Your Story
- Development in Schools
- Crisis Communications
- School Admissions - Best Practice
- Website Strategy
- And more
Speakers will include:
- Dr Stephen Holmes, Education Marketing Specialist, The 5 Rs Partnership, Malaysia
- James Hollow, CEO, Mullen Lowe Profero, Japan
- Colin Bell, CEO, COBIS
- Andy Ziardis, HM Consul, Consular Regional Operations Manager, Foreign Commonwealth Office, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam
- Simon Noakes, CEO, Interactive Schools
- Tamlyn Worrall, Development Director, UK Independent Schools, UK
- Tony Bretherton, Director of Development and Community Relations, at Xavier College Melbourne, Australia
- And more
Pre-Conference Cultural Tour Day - Sunday 26 March 2017:
Delegates are invited to arrive one day early for an opportunity to meet fellow delegates in a relaxed and enjoyable environment. There will be a tour of some of the city's highlights, including Tokyo's most popular spots for Cherry Blossom viewing. Participants will be collected from the Shibuya Rei Hotel at 13:00, and the tour will last for approximately 5 hours, followed by an early dinner at a Japanese restaurant (18:00-20:30). Light refreshments and snacks will be provided during the tour. Delegates are welcome to sign up spouses/partners for this trip as well. The cost of the tour will be ¥2000 (JPY) and the dinner will be ¥5500 (JPY).
The conference fee includes lunch on both days, all conference materials, and a conference dinner on Monday 27 March 2017.
|1 delegate||2 delegates (pp)||3+ delegates (pp)|
|Standard Fee: COBIS and JCIS Members||¥55,000|
|Standard Fee: Non-COBIS and JCIS Members||¥65,000|
Delegates are responsible for booking their own accommodation and travel to and from Tokyo. The British School in Tokyo has negotiated reduced rate accommodation for the duration of the conference at the Shibuya Tokyu Rei Hotel. The price is ¥15,436 per night including breakfast for any or all of the following nights: 25, 26, 27 March. To reserve a room please contact Poppy Butler directly on firstname.lastname@example.org.
For those who wish to stay elsewhere, the host school highly recommend the Shibuya area for its easy access to Narita and Haneda airports, and its close proximity to the British School's Showa Campus where the conference will take place.
Please note, the end of March is Cherry Blossom season in Japan - one of the most popular times to visit. Therefore, we strongly recommend booking international flights well in advance.
To book a place, please complete an online booking form. Click here to download the information booklet for delegates.
There are a limited number of spaces for exhibitors to attend this conference. Please complete an online booking form.