Assessment Essentials is a great-value, online course that covers what every teacher needs to know about assessment. It will help your teachers reflect on and develop their practice.
The ten-week course, delivered by Evidence Based Education, follows a micro-lesson structure, designed to fit around the busy timetable of teachers. It includes insight interviews with leading thinkers and practitioners such as Dylan Wiliam.
The course will:
- Deepen pedagogical content knowledge of the fundamental underlying principles and practices of great assessment, no matter the subject or phase of education;
- Help to reduce unnecessary workload and increase the effectiveness of classroom practice by honing the skill of evidence-informed decision-making;
- Guide teachers to question existing practices;
- Help link assessment with curriculum and pedagogy, to improve student outcomes;
- Reframe the value of assessment, offering case studies and advice from other school leaders;
- Help teachers remove the guesswork from teaching through use of more dependable information;
- Help teachers to better understand the impact of their teaching on students’ learning, so that they can make better decisions about what happens next; and
- Maximise the power of assessment as a tool for learning.
Participants will be required to commit to around 1.5 hours per week for the duration of the ten-week course. The course will follow the structure outlined below:
- Week 1: Introduction and perspectives on assessment
- Week 2: Making the invisible (learning) visible
- Week 3: Harnessing assessment as a powerful learning event
- Week 4: Intent, implementation and impact
- Week 5: Assessment process in your context
- Week 6: Using key assessment theory to guide practice (e.g. validity inc. reliability, etc.)
- Week 7: Fairness in assessment
- Week 8: Theory into practice: selecting and designing assessments
- Week 9: Theory into practice: selecting and designing assessments (pt.2)
- Week 10: Embedding great assessment in your classroom.
£95 plus VAT per person
Ideal for ITT, RQTs and in-service teachers alike.
Assessment Essentials is an online course.
Learning can begin as soon as registration is complete.