COBIS Diploma for International Lead Teaching Assistants (DILTA)
COBIS Diploma for International Lead Teaching Assistants
For those wishing to develop leadership skills and the ability to manage and co-ordinate a Teaching Assistant team. Aimed at those wanting to be a key liaison between the Teaching Assistants and the Senior Leadership Team.
About the COBIS DILTA (Diploma for International Lead Teaching Assistants)
The COBIS DILTA is delivered with exceptional, personalised support and a strong belief that having a Lead Teaching Assistant directly impacts on Teaching Assistant Practice and children’s learning experiences.
The course will be a combination of eLearning, research, collecting evidence and writing assignments.
The programme is 9 months long and should take approximately 108-144 hours to complete. Candidates study at their own pace through flexible eLearning.
Unit 1: Advanced Teaching & Learning Support
- Understanding metacognition
- Growth mindset
- Quality questioning
- Leading learning conversations
Unit 2: Leadership Skills
- Mindset of a leader
- Developing positivity throughout the team
Unit 3: Coaching & Mentoring
- Being an effective mentor and coach
- Getting the best from the team through coaching and mentoring
- Supporting others in developing and working towards action plans
Unit 4: Building a Cohesive Team
- Co-ordinating peer observations
- Co-ordinating successful meetings
- Building a positive team atmosphere
Unit 5: Delivering Training
- Building a successful training plan
- Meeting the needs of the team
- Planning an outstanding training session
- Delivering and evaluating training
Course start date:
Enrolment for this course is currently open. For more information, please email email@example.com.
Aspiring lead teaching assistants or early years’ practitioners working in an international setting. This course is aimed at those who have already completed the COBIS Diploma for International Teaching Assistants (DITA) or a comparable qualification, or those with significant relevant experience.
For those wishing to develop leadership skills and the ability to manage and co-ordinate a teaching assistant team, it is aimed at those wanting to be a key liaison between the teaching assistants and the senior leadership team.