COBIS Programme for Aspiring Heads (CPAH)
Building on the success of the CPML model, COBIS launched the COBIS Programme for Aspiring Heads (CPAH) in 2017. The CPAH is a professional development programme for Aspiring Heads and Senior Leaders who are interested in developing their practice. The course runs over a period of eight to ten months, combining face-to-face sessions with a choice of in-school projects and optional school placements. For 2018/19, the CPAH will run in Madrid, Muscat and Kuala Lumpur. The course is facilitated by trained COBIS facilitators with extensive experience of headship in COBIS schools.
Course content includes:
- Personal target setting and models of intentional change
- Recording and using past experience
- Educational philosophy and vision applied to decision making
- Considering the move to strategy and context
- Mapping out the first 100 days of headship
- Collaborative and network learning
- Governance and governors
- Financial management in international schools
- Engaging with stakeholders
- Choice of assessments in the areas of change, teams, school placements and communication, taking advantage of delegates own context and allowing the development of in-school project
The course will include six days of face-to-face sessions (three days in September/October and three days in spring/summer), with further work supported by the online platform.
Location, Dates, Fees, Booking Forms:
Booking for the 2019/20 CPAH will open in April 2019. To register interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For 2018/19, the CPAH is currently running in Madrid (hosted by King's College), Muscat (hosted by British School Muscat), and Kuala Lumpur (hosted by Alice Smith School).
Host school: King's College, Madrid
First face-to-face sessions: 8-10 October 2018
Second face-to-face sessions: 10-12 June 2019
Delegate fee: EUR 2,000
Host school: British School Muscat
First face-to-face sessions: 20-22 October 2018
Second face-to-face sessions: 25-27 May 2019
Delegate fee: OMR 950
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Host school: Alice Smith School
First face-to-face sessions: 24-26 September 2018
Second face-to-face sessions: 17-19 June 2019
Delegate fee: RM 9,400