- Training for Designated Safeguarding Leads / Advanced Child Protection
- Safer Recruitment for International Schools
COBIS will be offering tailored training for Designated Safeguarding Leads, their deputies, and other senior staff working in international schools. Following on from successful courses in Madrid, Abu Dhabi, London and Hong Kong, this one-day course is expected to run in a number of locations in 2018/19 including Bucharest, Kuala Lumpur and Muscat.
Full details will be added shortly. To register your interest for future courses, please complete this form.
- 22 September 2018 - Muscat, Oman - 150 OMR for COBIS Members/180 OMR for non-Members - online booking form
- 23 September 2018 - Muscat, Oman - 150 OMR for COBIS Members/180 OMR for non-Members - online booking form
- 26 September 2018 - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - fee in local currency TBC (c. £295 for Members/£350 for non-Members) - online booking form
- 8 November 2018 - Bucharest, Romania - £295 for COBIS Members/£350 for non-Members - online booking form
Below is a guide to the course outline:
- develop an advanced understanding of Child Protection issues
- have a further opportunity to explore attitudes and values with regard to safeguarding children
- refresh and enhance knowledge of signs and symptoms of abuse
- understand that although it is plausible for childcare practitioners to predict the likelihood of certain children being abused, more robust evidence is needed
- understand that some children are resilient to abuse i.e. they see this as 'normal' behaviour
- be given the knowledge and skills needed to perform the function of 'Designated Person' or 'Child Protection Officer' in their setting
- develop an understanding of radicalisation and extremism
- develop a knowledge of responsibilities and action in relation to FGM
- receive information about Child Protection processes, including Child Protection conferences
- identify good practice in working with children and families, and reflect on their setting's policies and procedures
Safer Recruitment for International Schools - London, UK
Date: Saturday 12 May 2018
Location: InterContinental London - The O2, London, UK
Delegate fee: £295 plus VAT for COBIS Members / £350 plus VAT for non-Members
This course took place on Saturday 12 May 2018 ahead of the official start of the 37th COBIS Annual Conference. This course was suitable for Heads, Senior Leaders, HR Staff, and administrative staff.
Below is an indication of the course outline:
- The Modus Operandi of Abusers
- The Recruitment Profess
- Checks and References
- Induction and Safer Cultures
To register interest in future Safer Recruitment courses, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Safer Recruitment for International Schools - EduCare Online Course
For information about the online Safer Recruitment for International Schools course, please click here.