COBIS is committed to the promotion of child protection. Training can be accessed via face-to-face training courses (see tabs below), the COBIS Consultancy Service and online training courses which are delivered in partnership with EduCare.
In addition to child protection and other associated courses designed to promote the welfare of children and adults, COBIS administers the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) employment background checks.
- Please note - COBIS member schools and non-member schools can access the COBIS service administering Disclosure and Barring Service checks.
- Training for Designated Safeguarding Leads / Advanced Child Protection
- Safer Recruitment for International Schools
COBIS will be offering tailored training for Designated Safeguarding Leads, their deputies, and other senior staff working in international schools. Following on from successful courses in Madrid and Abu Dhabi, this one-day course will run in spring 2018 in London and Hong Kong.
The London and Hong Kong courses are now fully booked. Please use the forms below to be added to the waiting list. COBIS will run further DSL training courses in 2018/19. To register your interest for future courses, please complete this form.
- 15 May 2018 - London ('Advanced Safeguarding and Child Protection in an International Setting' - delivered by Kidscape) - £295 for COBIS Members/£350 for non-Members - 10:00-15:30 - This course is now full, please complete the online booking form to be added to the waiting list.
- 29 May 2018 - Hong Kong - £295 for COBIS Members/£350 for non-Members. This course is now full, please complete the online booking form to be added to the waiting list.
Below is a guide to the course outline:
- develop an advanced understanding of Child Protection issues
- have a further opportunity to explore attitudes and values with regard to safeguarding children
- refresh and enhance knowledge of signs and symptoms of abuse
- understand that although it is plausible for childcare practitioners to predict the likelihood of certain children being abused, more robust evidence is needed
- understand that some children are resilient to abuse i.e. they see this as 'normal' behaviour
- be given the knowledge and skills needed to perform the function of 'Designated Person' or 'Child Protection Officer' in their setting
- develop an understanding of radicalisation and extremism
- develop a knowledge of responsibilities and action in relation to FGM
- receive information about Child Protection processes, including Child Protection conferences
- identify good practice in working with children and families, and reflect on their setting's policies and procedures
Safer Recruitment for International Schools - London, UK
Date: Saturday 12 May 2018
Location: InterContinental London - The O2, London, UK
Delegate fee: £295 plus VAT for COBIS Members / £350 plus VAT for non-Members
This course will run ahead of the official start (15:00) of the 37th COBIS Annual Conference. This course is suitable for Heads, Senior Leaders, HR Staff, and administrative staff.
Below is an indication of the course outline:
- The Modus Operandi of Abusers
- The Recruitment Profess
- Checks and References
- Induction and Safer Cultures
Safer Recruitment for International Schools - EduCare Online Course
For information about the online Safer Recruitment for International Schools course, please click here.