- Training for Designated Safeguarding Leads / Advanced Child Protection
- Safer Recruitment for International Schools
COBIS offers tailored training for Designated Safeguarding Leads, their deputies, and other senior staff working in international schools. Following on from successful one-day courses in Kuala Lumpur, Muscat and Bucharest earlier this year, we are now expecting to run additional courses in London and New York. To book onto the London or New York course, please submit an online booking form found below.
"Some of the best CPD I have had for a long time, thank you."
To register your interest for future courses, please complete this form.
25 March 2019 - Sofia, Bulgaria To register your interest in attending, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
14 May 2019 - London, UK - £295 for COBIS Members; £350 for non-Members. online booking form
27 August 2019 - New York, USA - $385 for COBIS Members; $455 for non-Members Bookings should be received by 1 May 2019 online booking form
Below is a guide to the course outline:
- develop an advanced understanding of Child Protection issues
- have a further opportunity to explore attitudes and values with regard to safeguarding children
- refresh and enhance knowledge of signs and symptoms of abuse
- understand that although it is plausible for childcare practitioners to predict the likelihood of certain children being abused, more robust evidence is needed
- understand that some children are resilient to abuse i.e. they see this as 'normal' behaviour
- be given the knowledge and skills needed to perform the function of 'Designated Person' or 'Child Protection Officer' in their setting
- develop an understanding of radicalisation and extremism
- develop a knowledge of responsibilities and action in relation to FGM
- receive information about Child Protection processes, including Child Protection conferences
- identify good practice in working with children and families, and reflect on their setting's policies and procedures
Feedback from previous training days has been extremely positive:
92% of respondents rated the overall relevance of the course as Good or Excellent
89% of respondents rated the programme content as Good or Excellent
94% of respondents rated the presenter as Good or Excellent
92% of respondents would recommend the training to a colleague
"Up to date and current information given. Very thought provoking and useful. Real life cases discussed and examined."
"There was no wasted time in the course, everything felt appropriate to what I need to know about and deal with in my role."
"Some of the best CPD I have had for a long time thank you."
"[The trainer] presented a difficult area very well, clearly caring about this subject. His knowledge was clearly evident and he managed to keep the atmosphere positive and productive despite the depressing nature of some of the discussions. I would want to work with him again."
Safer Recruitment for International Schools - London, UK
This course took place on Saturday 12 May 2018 ahead of the official start of the 37th COBIS Annual Conference. This course was suitable for Heads, Senior Leaders, HR Staff, and administrative staff.
Below is an indication of the course outline:
- The Modus Operandi of Abusers
- The Recruitment Profess
- Checks and References
- Induction and Safer Cultures
To register interest in future Safer Recruitment courses, please email email@example.com.
Safer Recruitment for International Schools - EduCare Online Course
For information about the online Safer Recruitment for International Schools course, please click here.