- Training for Designated Safeguarding Leads / Advanced Child Protection
- Safer Recruitment for International Schools
COBIS offers tailored training for Designated Safeguarding Leads, their deputies, and other senior staff working in international schools. Following on from successful one-day courses in Kuala Lumpur, Muscat and Bucharest earlier this year, we are now expecting to run additional courses in London and New York. To book onto the London or New York course, please submit an online booking form found below.
"Some of the best CPD I have had for a long time, thank you."
To register your interest for future courses, please complete this form. 14 May 2019 - De Vere Canary Wharf, London, UK £295 for COBIS Members; £350 for non-Members. This course has been confirmed. online booking form
27 August 2019 - The British International School of New York, USA $385 for COBIS Members; $455 for non-Members. Bookings deadline,1 May 2019. online booking form
Below is a guide to the course outline:
- Develop an advanced understanding of Child Protection and Safeguarding issues
- Develop the knowledge and skills needed to perform the function of 'Designated Person' or 'Child Protection Officer' in their setting
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of the organisation and staff members with regards to safeguarding children
- Develop an inspectorate framework for Child Protection and Safeguarding (for schools who have a UK style of inspection)
- Refresh and enhance knowledge of signs and symptoms of abuse and neglect
- Develop an understanding of technology abuse, grooming and cyber bullying
- Develop an understanding of radicalisation and extremism
- Develop a knowledge of responsibilities and action in relation to FGM
- Identify good practice when talking to and questioning children
- Identify good practice in working with children and families
- Reflect on their setting's policies and procedures
- Discuss safeguarding scenarios and consider appropriate action
Feedback from previous training days has been extremely positive:
92% of respondents rated the overall relevance of the course as Good or Excellent
89% of respondents rated the programme content as Good or Excellent
94% of respondents rated the presenter as Good or Excellent
92% of respondents would recommend the training to a colleague
"Up to date and current information given. Very thought provoking and useful. Real life cases discussed and examined."
"There was no wasted time in the course, everything felt appropriate to what I need to know about and deal with in my role."
"Some of the best CPD I have had for a long time thank you."
"[The trainer] presented a difficult area very well, clearly caring about this subject. His knowledge was clearly evident and he managed to keep the atmosphere positive and productive despite the depressing nature of some of the discussions. I would want to work with him again."
Safer Recruitment for International Schools - London, UK
This course took place on Saturday 12 May 2018 ahead of the official start of the 37th COBIS Annual Conference. This course was suitable for Heads, Senior Leaders, HR Staff, and administrative staff.
Below is an indication of the course outline:
- The Modus Operandi of Abusers
- The Recruitment Profess
- Checks and References
- Induction and Safer Cultures
To register interest in future Safer Recruitment courses, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Safer Recruitment for International Schools - EduCare Online Course
For information about the online Safer Recruitment for International Schools course, please click here.