COBIS Annual Conference Pre-Conference Course
Getting Started with High Performance Learning
Saturday 12 May 2018, 9:00-15:00
(ahead of the official start of the 37th COBIS Annual Conference)
InterContinental London - The O2, Greenwich, London, UK
Is your school ambitious enough to want to deliver great education? If so, you need to change the way you think about the potential of your students. We used to think that only some students had the ability to be academically successful but now we know better. You can systematically build intelligence if you teach in the HPL way. Almost everyone can achieve highly, regardless of their background or starting point and these students are not just ‘test passers’ but well-rounded individuals ready to thrive in life beyond school: in university, in the workplace and in an increasingly complex world.
High Performance Learning is a research-based, pedagogy-led philosophy that sees everyone as a potential high performer. It uses a unique teaching and learning framework to systematically develop the cognitive skills, values, attitudes and attributes needed for lifetime success. In this day course we will introduce you to the philosophy and framework and also cover how to lead the change in your school and start the journey towards becoming a High Performance Learning School. If you are serious in wanting your students to be the best they can be then join us and learn how to make this a reality.
- Become familiar with the HPL Philosophy and framework and the benefits for your students and your school.
- Understand what needs to happen to create a high performance culture in classrooms.
- Explore a selection of the HPL Advanced Cognitive Performance Characteristics and the Values, Attitudes and Attributes and learn how they can be used in class.
- Become familiar with practical examples of practice from other schools.
- Look at ways to monitor impact as your classrooms become HPL classrooms.
Delegate fees: £235 plus VAT per person including lunch
Booking process: To book a delegate place, please complete an online booking form.