COBIS are now accepting membership applications from British international schools who have been accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS).
With nearly 6,000 British international schools operating worldwide, this new membership route will allow a wider range of schools to join the COBIS network of quality British international schools and enrich the collective voice of the sector.
CIS Accredited schools who complete the COBIS membership application process will be recognised as COBIS Accredited Members and will have access to a variety of benefits including:
• Recognition of quality from the premier membership association for British international schools
• Regional and in-country networks for peer advice and support
• Access to tools for attracting British qualified and internationally focused staff
• Safeguarding services for safer recruitment
• Residential and online events for students to engage with peers across the globe safely
• Representation and support through lobbying with the British and international governments
• Full calendar of professional development opportunities for teaching and non-teaching staff
Jane Larsson, CIS Executive Director shared, "This agreement recognises the importance of the work CIS and COBIS have accomplished together in international education. Over the years, our efforts and impact have been enhanced through the rich relationships that exist between our organisations, built on shared ideals, cooperation, respect and ultimately, trust. This includes substantive progress to strengthen educational standards for child protection as founding members of the International Taskforce on Child Protection. Our identities are distinct, yet we possess shared values which have further enabled our respective missions in the international education community."
COBIS CEO Colin Bell says, "In launching this new membership route, we wanted to demonstrate our commitment to supporting the British international school community by providing greater access and choice. We are pleased to recognise the rigour of CIS quality assurance. Expanding the availability of COBIS membership strengthens us as a community. Unity in our diversity."
Applications for COBIS Accredited Member (CIS) status are open now. More details can be found here