COBIS - Committed to Safeguarding
COBIS schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. All applicants to COBIS schools must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers. COBIS requires all prospective and member schools to complete mandatory regular training in both Safer Recruitment and Child Protection.
- COBIS strongly recommends that all teachers undergo a Prohibition Order check. We are working in collaboration with the Department for Education (DfE) to offer access to this service to overseas schools.
- View the Department for Education (DfE) Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment guidance
- Our colleagues at the Council of International Schools have put together a helpful briefing document covering the appropriate police background checks to obtain from prospective employees' current and previous countries of employment and residence.
Contact us with any questions and for further guidance
- Safeguarding Policy Guidelines
- Department for Education (UK) Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment Guidance
- Safer Recruitment and Child Protection Training
- International Child Protection Certificate
- The International Task Force on Child Protection
- Education Portal
- The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC)
- Department for Education (DfE) Guidance on Keeping Children Safe in Education - Revision
- International Criminal Background Check Procedures
- Managing Allegations of Abuse – Protocol for international schools
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)