Serving British International Schools
of Global Quality
COBIS is a membership association of British International Schools of global quality and corporate Supporting Members. Representing over 400 member organisations, COBIS is a responsive organisation, open to current and future opportunities. The association has developed markedly since its foundation, changing to meet the needs and aspirations of its growing global school membership base.
COBIS exists to serve, support and represent its member schools - their leaders, governors, staff and students by:
- Providing quality assurance in member schools
- Representing members with the British Government, educational bodies, the corporate sector
- Providing effective professional development for senior leaders, governors, teachers and support staff
- Facilitating, coordinating and supporting professional networking opportunities for British International Schools
- Processing Disclosure and Barring Service checks to promote child protection and safer recruitment and employment practices
- Engaging, challenging and inspiring students of all ages and abilities by delivering excellent interschool student competitions and events
- Communicating news and research about developing practice in the International and UK education sector
- Facilitating high impact 'Member to Member' professional networking
- Promoting career opportunities within the global COBIS network
A fundamental aim of COBIS is to support its 400 plus members and represent their interests in Britain and overseas, particularly with Government, education authorities and educational associations in order to advance the interests of British schools overseas and the commercial organisations which export education resources, products and services.
COBIS was founded over 30 years ago and the Association is managed by an elected Board consisting of Headteachers and Governors from member schools worldwide.