What is COBIS?
The Council of British International Schools (COBIS) is a membership association that represents more than 450 schools and organisations, globally. High-quality COBIS schools, which educate over 150,000 students and employ more than 30,000 teachers, can be found in 80 countries across Europe, Asia, Africa, the Middle East and the Americas. COBIS Supporting Associates provide a wide range of services and resources to the international schools sector.
- We represent our members and their interests, lobbying on their behalf with Government, education authorities and educational associations.
- We provide quality assurance of the highest standard with our Patron’s Accreditation and Compliance.
- We provide opportunities for career advancement through our professional learning and CPD courses.
- We facilitate valuable networking opportunities, both online and face-to-face, for our members based all around the world.
- We host engaging, educational and inspiring interschool competitions and events for students of all ages.
- We provide valuable resources to promote and maintain excellent child protection and safer recruitment standards at our member schools, by processing Prohibition Order checks, providing safeguarding policies and templates, and via our partnership with ACRO on the International Certificate for Child Protection