Annual Research Survey
COBIS Annual Research Survey 2020
The COBIS Annual Research survey, in partnership with GL Education, is now open for COBIS Schools. This survey collects COBIS school information relating to the 2019/20 academic year, including information about the impact of COVID-19.
Deadline: 4 November 2020
COBIS Annual Research Survey 2019
The COBIS Annual Research survey, in partnership with GL Education, collected COBIS school information relating to the 2018/19 academic year. With questions about curriculum, assessments, school leaver destinations, student and staff nationalities, class sizes, and staff turnover, the results of the survey support the lobbying work of COBIS and help inform the strategic development of the association.
- 79% of responding schools indicated that student numbers had increased over the past three years.
- COBIS schools perform strongly at A-Level compared with the UK average, with an 18.9% higher A*/A pass rate, a 16.4% higher A*/B pass rate and a 6.8% higher A*/C pass rate.
- COBIS schools perform strongly at GCSE/IGCSE compared with the UK average with a 26.2% higher A*/A (9-7) pass rate and a 19.1% higher A*/C (9-4) pass rate.
- 92% of school leavers from COBIS schools in 2019 went on to university, with 53% choosing a UK university.
- The number of student nationalities in COBIS schools ranges from 3 to 110.
For queries on COBIS research, please contact email@example.com