COBIS Code of Ethical Practice
COBIS Members accept:
- That their prime responsibility is to their students and their parents or guardians.
- That their mission is to provide an education which broadly follows the content and practices of the National Curriculum for England and Wales or one of the other curricula accepted for COBIS membership.
- That they are required to follow the laws of the country in which they operate.
COBIS Members agree:
- To follow the best practices in contractual recruitment and employment, in the interests of both students and staff.
- To ensure fair, honest, and transparent dealings with parents, staff, and colleagues.
- To adopt good communication practices with parents; parents should be given clear and transparent information regarding fees, deposits, financial assistance, admissions policy, notice periods, complaints procedures, and other matters.
- To adopt a fair and professional attitude towards other schools, ensuring good relations within the limits of fair competition.
- To maintain a fair and clearly-structured system of Governance.
- To follow best UK practice with regard to health and safety and child protection.
When taking part in a residential COBIS Student event, activity or competition, to adhere to the terms and conditions of that specific event Observance of the Code of Ethical Practice is a condition of COBIS membership and affiliation. Breaches of the Code will be considered by the COBIS Board and may result in suspension or termination of membership. Members accept that the COBIS Board is the final arbiter in matters pertaining to the Code of Ethical Practice.
COBIS takes complaints very seriously. Please note, however, that COBIS is not in a position to address situations pertaining to an individual student, parent, or teacher. Such complaints should be dealt with by following the channels outlined in the school’s complaints policy. When documented complaints relating to breaches of the COBIS Code of Ethical Practice or COBIS Code of Good Governance are received, COBIS will give them due consideration. This process can take some time and in the interests of confidentiality COBIS may not enter into further correspondence regarding individual cases until COBIS has made its decision.
For more information on COBIS’ School Complaints Policy, please visit the website here: https://www.cobis.org.uk/about-us/cobis-policies/guide-to-complaints
For more information on COBIS’ Corporate Complaints Policy, please visit the website here: https://www.cobis.org.uk/about-us/cobis-policies/cobis-corporate-complaints-policy