Why a COBIS school?
Selecting the right school can be a challenging process. However, with robust membership criteria, ongoing monitoring, and statutory requirements to undertake safeguarding training, parents, staff and corporate employers can be reassured that COBIS member schools operate within specific guidelines of ethical practice and good governance which reflect the high standards and ethos expected of a first class British style educational system.
COBIS represents and quality assures over 290 British international schools in 80 countries worldwide. Each individual school is unique and has its own distinct character, however many commonalities exist. COBIS member schools share high expectations of both students and staff and they strive to achieve the highest academic standards and quality of learning. The provision of a first class pastoral care system, a wide range of co-curricular activities, and a keen focus on the development of the whole child develops and nurtures qualities such as resilience, adaptability, self-confidence, tolerance and international mindedness.
COBIS represents member schools and the interests of its pupils, parents, governors and staff by:
- Providing formal recognition of school inspections carried out by all inspectorates approved by the Department for Education (UK) for British Schools Overseas
- Facilitating, coordinating and supporting networking opportunities for international schools
- Representing member schools with the British Government, educational bodies, and the corporate sector
- Providing access to information about trends and developments in UK education
- Providing effective professional development for senior leaders, teachers and support staff
- Promoting career opportunities within the global COBIS network
- Providing and processing Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks to support child protection and safer recruitment employment practices
- Providing access to quality COBIS membership services including an approved Consultancy service