The 34th COBIS Annual Conference 2015
Measuring Success: Wellbeing, Resilience, Education and Leadership in British Schools Overseas
- When? 9-11 May 2015
- Where? Park Plaza Hotel, Victoria, London, UK
- Delegate fees? From £395 plus VAT for COBIS Members; £495 plus VAT for non-Members
BOOKING NOW CLOSED
The COBIS Annual Conference for Principals, Heads, Governors and Senior Managers of leading British Schools worldwide will take place in London, 9-11 May 2015. The conference will include a mixture of keynote speakers, seminars and workshops, affording opportunities for discussion, reflection, networking and sharing best practice.
**Click here to download a draft programme**
**Click here to view full seminar descriptions**
Some of the themes that will be addressed in the conference programme are:
- Mindfulness and wellbeing for the whole school community - students, staff, leaders, parents
- Defining and measuring success in schools - beyond examinations and formal assessments
- Developing a holistic approach to education and leadership in British Schools Overseas
- Growth and resilience of the British Schools Overseas market
- Professor Guy Claxton - World renowned authority on the development of intellectual character; author and academic
- Baroness Sue Campbell CBE - Chair of Youth Sport Trust; former Chief Executive of the National Coaching Foundation and former Chair of UK Sport
- Ben Walden - Founder and artistic director of Contender Charlie - a group bringing theatre techniques into education
- Dominic Peckham - Critically acclaimed conductor, presenter and choral ambassador
- And more
In addition to plenary sessions, delegates will be able to attend seminars on a wide range of topics including:
- Measuring the impact of leadership
- Fostering resilience in your teaching workforce
- Pupil voice and student leadership
- Mindfulness in schools
- International school governance
- Resilient classroom cultures
- Establishing new schools
- Feedback and data
- Maximising the effectiveness of teaching assistants
- And more - click here to view full Seminar Descriptions.
There will also be opportunities for delegates to participate as presenters in interactive sessions.
More Details and Booking Process
To download full delegate details, please click here. Booking for the 2015 Annual Conference has now closed.
Exhibitor and Sponsorship Opportunities
Please click here for more information about exhibiting at the COBIS Annual Conference and sponsorship opportunities. To view a list of exhibitors click here.
Safer Recruitment for International Schools Course - Saturday 9 May 2015
On Saturday 9 May, before the official start of the Annual Conference, COBIS will be offering delegates the opportunity to attend a course on Safer Recruitment for International Schools, delivered by Barabarani Education Services. For more information and a booking form, please click here.
Advanced Child Protection Course - Tuesday 12 May 2015
On the Tuesday following the Annual Conference, COBIS will be offering delegates the opportunity to take part in an Advanced Child Protection Course, delivered by Kidscape. For more information and a booking form, please click here.
Pre-Conference Seminar and Afternoon Tea - Saturday 9 May 2015
Levels...Baseline...National Tests... What's Happening With Assessment Policy Back in the UK? COBIS Annual Conference delegates are invited to register for a free seminar, followed by afternoon tea courtesy of GL Education. The session will take place at the Conference Hotel, 2:45-3:45, on Saturday 9 May 2015. For more information and a booking form, please click here.
IPML Facilitator Training - 12-14 May 2015
COBIS will be running a COBIS/NCTL Facilitator Training Course to train new facilitators for the International Programme for Middle Leaders. For more information, please click here.
Annual Conference Sponsors
COBIS would like to thank all the companies (listed below) who are sponsoring the Annual Conference this year:
COBIS on Camera
COBIS is working with Eye for Business on an exciting filming project around the Annual Conference. Click here for more information.