COBIS School Membership - Existing Schools
The COBIS Compliance Scheme or the COBIS Patron’s Accreditation is now a necessary requirement to retain COBIS membership.
Schools will therefore be required to participate in either the COBIS Compliance scheme or the full Patron’s Accreditation.
Click here to view the Standards for The Patron's Accreditation and Compliance.
A school visit by the COBIS Accreditation team is a compulsory part of this process. The date of the visit will depend on the school’s quality assurance cycle. Information regarding this will be sent to all schools.
Please contact Sharon Gallagher to find out when you are due a visit.
Schools that have been BSO inspected will be able to maintain COBIS membership. These schools will be required to submit their BSO report and an associated Action Plan. If successful, they will be granted COBIS Accredited Member status without submitting further evidence or organising a school visit.
Process for retaining membership via The Patron's Accreditation or Compliance:
- 1. School chooses programme to follow – COBIS Compliance or Patron’s Accreditation.
- 2. School applies online and makes full payment for COBIS Compliance or COBIS Patron’s Accreditation.
- 3. School is given access to the Digital Workbook and completes School Profile (basic details)
- 4. COBIS will contact the school to confirm visit dates.
- 5. School (undergoing the full Patron’s Accreditation) will also confirm if they wish to include the optional accreditation units as part of the process.
- 6. Once dates have been agreed school is given full access to the Compliance/Accreditation tabs in the Digital Workbook and allocated a Lead Improvement Partner (LIP) to guide them through the process of uploading evidence against the COBIS Compliance/Accreditation Standards.
- 7. LIP maintains contact with school and organises calls/Skype interviews etc. before visit as well as visit schedule covering areas of focus agreed by Head and LIP.
- 8. Once the visit has been completed, the LIP and the team will draft the report. If the school is admitted to membership, the school will receive Membership documents plus a detailed report within 4 weeks of the visit. A Summary report may also be provided for public use.
- 9. The school will be sent a certificate confirming their member status.
- 10. The School is contacted annually by LIP / Director of Accreditation to provide support or request updated documentation.
- 11. 4 years after the visit COBIS will contact the school, giving them a year’s notice to schedule their next visit - the review cycle is designed to be on a 5 year basis.
Key Programme Facts:
Compliance: Mandatory Standards: 1-5 (+ potential Boarding)
Visit: 2.5 days by a Lead Improvement Partner (LIP)
Cost: £3775* + visit (LIP accommodation, travel etc.)
(Please note this cost is payable up front. For budgeting purposes, this is £755 per year)
Membership Status: COBIS Member – valid for 5 years
Patron’s Accreditation: Mandatory Standards: 1-5, 7&8 (9 & 10 optional) (+ potential Boarding)
Visit: 3 days by a Lead Improvement Partner and team of 3 Peer Accreditors (additional Peer Accreditors may be required if optional standards are chosen).
Cost: £8725* + visit (accommodation, travel etc. for visiting team)
(Please note this cost is payable up front. For budgeting purposes, this is £1745 per year)
Membership Status: Patron’s Accredited Member – valid for 5 years
Please note: Annual membership subscription fees (based on pupil numbers) are payable in addition. *All costs are subject to change.
Process for schools retaining COBIS Membership via a BSO Inspection
1. School is directed to the Digital Workbook using link below
2. School will be identified as a BSO school
3. School will complete profile
4. School will upload BSO report and action plan
5. This will be reviewed by the Membership Committee
6. If successful, COBIS Accredited Member status conferred
To arrange a COBIS Compliance or Patron’s Accreditation visit or to retain COBIS membership via the BSO route:
Please contact email@example.com for further information or call Sharon Gallagher (COBIS Accreditation Officer) on +44 (0) 203 826 7199
To find out more about the benefits of COBIS school membership, please contact Natalie Williams (COBIS Membership Officer) on firstname.lastname@example.org