COBIS offers courses for Middle Leaders including the one-year COBIS Programme for Middle Leaders (CPML) as well as the four-day Middle Leaders' Course delivered by Karen Ardley Associates.
COBIS Programme for Middle Leaders (CPML)
More than 100 Middle Leaders are taking part in the 2017/18 COBIS Programme for Middle Leaders (click here to download the programme guide). There are cohorts running in Madrid, Bucharest, Mexico City, Muscat, Malawi and the Cayman Islands. Booking for 2017/18 is now closed. Please email email@example.com to register interest in the CPML for 2018/19.
Key points about the CPML:
- A 1 year programme for ambitious middle leaders who wish to develop their personal and professional skills.
- A blended learning approach with facilitated workshops and self-directed learning, including five days of face-to-face training events.
- Participants develop their professional network with other COBIS colleagues
COBIS Facilitator Training
COBIS is pleased to be able to offer schools the opportunity to train new facilitators who will be able to deliver the CPML or CPAH in their own schools, opening up the possibility for COBIS Schools to run their own programmes or work in collaboration with other schools.
The next COBIS Facilitator Training course will take place 9-11 May 2018 in London. Delegate fees are £695 plus VAT for Members and £870 plus VAT for non-Members.
Please click here to download further details.
To book a place, please complete an online booking form.
Please note, places on this course are limited.
4 Day Middle Leaders' Courses
Leading Learning from the Middle
COBIS, working in partnership with Karen Ardley Associates, will be providing accredited professional development for Primary and Secondary Middle Leaders. The four-day Middle Leaders' Course - Leading Learning from the Middle - will run in Malaysia and Kenya in 2017/18.
- 16-19 November 2017 - British International School of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - FULLY BOOKED
- 5-8 February 2018 - Braeburn School, Nairobi, Kenya - KSh45,000 for COBIS Members; KSh50,000 for non-Members - Download Course Flyer - Complete Online Booking Form
- To deepen middle managers' understanding of themselves and their leadership behaviours;
- To extend middle managers' knowledge and understanding about leadership;
- To develop leadership skills.
The programme will focus on the following key areas:
- The role of the middle leader/manager;
- Our current educational agenda;
- An emotionally intelligent leader;
- Effective professional development;
- Working with teams;
- Giving feedback;
- Coaching for improvement;
- Improving teaching and learning in your area;
- Presentation skills.
Feedback from recent participants:
"I would highly recommend this programme - unable to put a price on the value of the last 4 days."
"The best things about this programme is that I feel more confident, inspired to make changes to improve my leadership, and motivated. It is great to talk and listen to others in the same boat, and excellent toolkits to use back in school."
"The depth of knowledge and experience presented by the programme and facilitator were inspiring and useful. I feel stronger and more confident in my role. I would definitely recommend this programme to all middle leaders."